Posted on October 29, 2019
By Annalece Anhalt-Slaughter
We’re officially at the halfway mark of the NFL Regular Season and if the fans’ ability to accurately pick games is any indicator of how they will do in the inaugural season of the Fan Controlled Football League, we’ve got nothing to worry about! Once again, the New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers came out on top, and the Cincinnati Bengals and Miami Dolphins are keeping their losing streak alive. Naturally, the fans called all four teams’ games correctly. Due to a split decision on the Oakland Raiders-Houston Texans game this week, the fans ended up going 12-2-1, bringing their season record to 74-39-8. Now for a breakdown of each pick – bold indicates the winner of the game, italics indicate who the fans selected.
- Washington Redskins vs. Minnesota Vikings
- Seattle Seahawks vs. Atlanta Falcons
- Los Angeles Chargers vs. Chicago Bears
- New York Giants vs. Detroit Lions
- New York Jets vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Los Angeles Rams
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Tennessee Titans
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. Buffalo Bills
- Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Arizona Cardinals vs. New Orleans Saints
- Carolina Panthers vs. San Francisco 49ers
- Oakland Raiders vs. Houston Texans *tie, we guess the fans just couldn’t pick
- Cleveland Browns vs. New England Patriots
- Green Bay Packers vs. Kansas City Chiefs
- Miami Dolphins vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Don’t forget, fans! NFL Week 9 picks open up TOMORROW on Twitter! And now, here are some of our favorite moments from Week 8:
- Nick Bosa continues to strain his back by carrying the 49ers. We hope for the fans sake that he stays healthy for the remainder of the season.
Just give Nick Bosa DROY right now. pic.twitter.com/uW7KE9KfNo— uSTADIUM (@uSTADIUM) October 27, 2019
- The Jaguars achieved Troll Level 1000 when responding to Jets QB Sam Darnold’s statement on ‘seeing ghosts’ in their loss to the Patriots the week before. It should also be noted that prior to the game, a plane flew over the stadium with a banner that read ‘Gardner Minshew ain’t afraid of no ghosts.’
The Jaguars mascot came in dressed as a ghost.. the Jaguars are playing Sam Darnold 😂 pic.twitter.com/ko6wQV32LD— NFL Humor (@NFLHumor) October 27, 2019
- This Tennessee Titans cheerleader is outperforming the entire receiving core from the Atlanta Falcons, Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, and Cleveland Browns combined.
- Aaron Rodgers reminded everyone why he’s a Super Bowl MVP with this pass. Don’t lie, you all held your breath during this play too.
- Saquon Barkley went full BEASTMODE on the field, tossing these guys out of his way. Marshawn, we think it’s time you sign some new athletes to your brand.
Eli Manning: “I see here that you didn’t have one single receiver use their helmet to catch the ball…you know that’s how you beat the Patriots right?”— NOTSportsCenter (@NOTSportsCenter) October 11, 2019
Daniel Jones: “Ugh…I know. I forgot.” pic.twitter.com/kQy65K6JMM
“So, Daniel, do I have to download the Internet first?” pic.twitter.com/nqG8VTue85— Caroline Darney (@cwdarney) October 11, 2019
- Move over, *NSYNC. The Seahawks not only defeated the Browns, but they proved they’re better dancers than all of you.
I really just spent 20 min trying to see if the Seahawks’ Bye Bye Bye timing was right.— Grace Remington (@GraceRemiWTSP) October 13, 2019
You are welcome for this important journalism. pic.twitter.com/paD23BzSrB
- Russell Wilson led his team to a TD without the aid of his helmet communication system. It’s *almost* like he’s earning his paycheck out there!
- The Detroit Lions showed up at Lambeau to remind you why their season isn’t dead with a perfectly executed Flea Flicker for their first play of the game!
FIRST PLAY FLEA FLICKERpic.twitter.com/Jy1FQc61dj— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) October 15, 2019
- There were a LOT of things going wrong in the Lions-Packers game last night, but the only thing worse than the officiating had to be Rodgers’ receiving core.
Aaron Rodgers hates his receivers more than his own family members at this point pic.twitter.com/WyhN4pCArj— Barstool Sports (@BarstoolsTweets) October 15, 2019