Posted on September 17, 2019
By Annalece Anhalt-Slaughter
Once again, on Wednesday, we had the fans vote on the outcome of every NFL Week 2 match up on Twitter, and they didn’t necessarily do worse than last week – but not much better either. This week the fans went 11-5, bringing their season record to 21-9-2. Now for a breakdown of each pick – bold indicates the winner of the game, italics indicate who the fans selected.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Carolina Panthers
- Arizona Cardinals vs. Baltimore Ravens
- Los Angeles Chargers vs. Detroit Lions
- Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans
- San Francisco 49ers vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Houston Texans
- Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers
- Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins
- Seattle Seahawks vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Buffalo Bills vs. New York Giants
- New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders
- New Orleans Saints vs. Los Angeles Rams
- Chicago Bears vs. Denver Broncos
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. Atlanta Falcons
- Cleveland Browns vs. New York Jets
We hope the fans are ready to make their picks for Week 3 tomorrow night on Twitter! More importantly, the shake up in QBs for multiple teams will hopefully guide the fans to make the right picks. We want to see you continue your winning record, so be sure to catch up on all the must-see moments from the weekend you may have missed. Here are a few highlights from the Week 2 action:
- Obviously, the Patriots completing shutting out the Dolphins was rough to watch – we even asked the fans if they laughed at the outcome or felt the need to ‘pour one out’ for Miami. But when you take into consideration that the Dolphins literally ducked to avoid catching a ball, you can no longer feel bad for the team and their dumpster fire season.
The 2019 Miami Dolphins. Just ducking to get out of the way. What is this? pic.twitter.com/90FISUWl9D— Tim Ring (@timringTV) September 15, 2019
- Speaking of dumpster fires! A speaker caught on fire at Nissan Stadium ahead of the Indianapolis Colts-Tennessee Titans game. While some used footage to reference the Dolphins season, the Colts social media team used it to get their fans ‘fired’ up.
- Forget the Atlanta Falcons – the NFL Officials are now the biggest rival for the New Orleans Saints. This couldn’t have been more clear after a play was blown dead when it very much wasn’t. Sure, I might be a very disgruntled Saints fan, but Cam Jordan’s post-game interview is too good not to include here. Don’t worry fans, this will NOT be an issue in the FCFL!
Cam Jordan said usually you let the play happen, instead of blowing the play dead. Dropped a “Foot Locker” reference when describing the referee. pic.twitter.com/F8J5OfZKAs— Garland Gillen (@garlandgillen) September 16, 2019
- OBJ hit the field last night to remind the Giants what they’re missing out on – and broke his own record in the process.
- Technically this is more of a look ahead to Week 3, but the Giants have benched Eli Manning and Steelers’ Ben Roethlisberger is out for the rest of the season – so naturally someone needed to use this opportunity to make Twitter gold.
Last man standing. pic.twitter.com/e4Sj8Zr2XO— Stephen Cohen (@scohenSEA) September 17, 2019